Dynamics 365 Wave 1 2023: What’s new?
A new wave is coming! Throughout the year, Microsoft releases several (small) updates to Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management. In addition, there are two major updates as standard in April and October, also known as waves, in which new functionalities and improvements are introduced. In this blog, Angelique den Boef, Release Manager at Focus Enterprise Solutions, shares more information about this year’s first release wave: Wave 1 2023.
The 2023 release wave 1 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 have been published, and the preview of version 10.0.32 (2023 Release Wave 1) is now available. What is immediately noticeable is that the user experience has changed considerably. Functionalities have become more intuitive and visually more in line with other Microsoft and Dynamics 365 apps.
The first version will be available to everyone from 17 March. Before you install it, it is important to properly map out the impact on your ERP system. Do you need help with this? Please contact us. Our department Managed Applications helps companies to update their ERP system in a structured way.
The upcoming new release includes hundreds of updates and improvements. It therefore goes too far to mention all the new functionalities in this blog. That is why we have made a selection of a number of these new functionalities. We make a division into the Dynamics 365 Platform, Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Dynamics 365 Platform
- As mentioned above : the user experience has changed significantly in Wave 1 2023. Functionalities have become more intuitive and visually more in line with other Microsoft apps (such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams) and other Dynamics 365 apps (such as Customer Engagement (CRM)) (gend
- Improvements have also been made to the grids (tables) for more efficiency.
- It has become possible to set up your own workspace more flexibly, because the tile dimensions on the workspace can be shown in four available sizes.
Click here for the full overview of new functionalities and changes in the Dynamics 365 Platform.
Dynamics 365 Finance
- Subscription billing schedules can now be linked to projects
- The new advanced filtering feature replaces the Update button and allows filtering by fields such as General ledger account, Business unit, Cost center, and Department.
- General ledger transactions can be identified, undone, and re-settled over fiscal years.[EvO1]
- The performance of general ledger reports has improved.
Click here for a complete overview of new functionalities and changes in Dynamics 365 Finance.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- The built-in master planning is replaced by the Planning Optimization Add-in for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. Starting with version 10.0.32, the process of switching to Planning Optimization is fully automated.
- Optimizing warehouse management processes, especially when processing large quantities. This is also a preparation for inventory change tables to support improvements in the future; this reduces the use of the overall inventory transaction table (InventTrans), which can result in performance improvements during many processes.
- The Scheduled purchase orders screen provides fewer options, but it’s faster to work with to review, approve, and confirm all scheduled orders.
- It is possible to use readiness checks to ensure that all required master data for a product is specified before it is used in transactions.
Click here for a complete overview of new functionalities and changes in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Want to know more or do you need help when installing this wave?
Before installing this update, it is important to know the impact of this update on your ERP system. The update can have consequences for customization or add-ons. We can help you with that. With SURA (Service Update Release Assistance) we help you to update your Dynamics 365 environment in a structured way. Read more about SURA or download the brochure to read more.
Do you want to know more about the upcoming Wave 1 2023 or do you have other questions about Dynamics 365? Please contact us. We are happy to help you.
Comments are closed.